Wednesday 10 December 2008

Eds Diner burgers.


A still from waltz with bashir.



Apparently the kitchen will be ready tomorrow.

After having survived on a cup of cous cous for the whole day I went for dinner at Ed's diner yesterday evening. I had pictured a cheeseburger in my head and we (me and James) went on a big hunt for a good place in the west end to eat one which started at The Diner (too busy) and then to Bodeans (too busy) and ended at Ed's Diner which was actually pretty empty.

I ate a cheeseburger and some onion rings and half of James' chips and I drank a peanut butter and banana milkshake.


Some important points about my meal.

  • the peanut butter and banana milkshake is great and has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness in it and it comes in a big jug kind of thing so you can fill your glass up twice with it.

  • James didn't let me pay for my half. It did cost a lot for burgers and sides really.

  • The burger was tasty but not enough burger relishes.

  • The lighting is not quite right in there.



I felt sick after eating but I think that's because I hardly ate all day then went crazy and stuffed my face.




After dinner we went to see waltz with bashir at the curzon. It's a really beautiful looking animated film about the film maker trying to remember his time fighting in the 1982 lebanon war. All the images at the end (crying women and dead children) stayed stuck in my head for the rest of the night though.










No comments: