Tuesday 16 December 2008

halloumi with pomegranate salsa

Yesterday my friend Finbar came over for dinner. I know him kind of from school and from college and from living near Dorking. He is one of my favourite people to see.
I made us halloumi kindofkebabs with pomegranate salsa.

Ingredients.
1 packet of halloumi cheese.
tabasco
pitta breads
some tomatoes
a red pepper or two

for the salsa
pomegranate seeds (I got some in a little box from the sandwich bit in Sainsburys)
some ginger
red chilli peppers
coriander
mint
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt
spring onions

chop the pepper and tomatoes up and throw them in a roasting dish with some olive oil, balsamic and salt. you might want to put some other vegetables like courgettes and aubergine in too. The only reason that I didn't is because I couldn't afford any more vegetables.

In a bowl mix together your pomegranate seeds, some finely chopped or grated ginger, finely chopped spring onions, finely chopped red chilli peppers (and don't touch your genitals or eyes afterwards because it will HURT) and some chopped coriander and mint. Though I hadn't really made pomegranate salsa before and now I think maybe you could just use mint and no coriander. Put in a few grinds of salt and some olive oil and balsamic and mix it all together a bit.

Put your pittas under the grill, in the oven or in the toaster and cut up your halloumi and fry in some olive oil and tabasco and then put everything together in the pitta.



We also watched I'm not there, I've seen it so many time now but it was really good watching it with Finbar because he could tell me lots of things it was referencing because he is a big bob dylan geek. We also made a miniature village in 1 hour. It was just to see what could be done in 1 hour.




No comments: